If you use the Finder burning tool to create your CDs, or an application that doesn't support overburning (surpass a little bit the CD or DVD maximum size) I am sure that some time you got anrgy.
Sometimes are films, sometimes it's just one more song in the CD library you are creating... The thing is that you have 703MB and you cannot burn a 700MB CD. It won't happen again!
Because I did a script to overburn CDs and DVDs, and it's quite simple if you want to try it:
- Save the following script inside a overburn.sh file with your prefered text editor or from the shell
- Give it execution permissions
- Create a folder named contents_to_overburn that will contain your overburned CD/DVD stuff
- Copy anything you want to burn inside the folder
- Execute the script from the terminal, so you can see what's happening, with: ./overburn.sh
hdiutil makehybrid -o tempfile contents_to_overburn/ hdiutil burn tempfile.iso rm tempfile.iso rm contents_to_overburn/*
At this point you have the CD burned and the folder emptied for a next use. Hope that works for you, enjoy. This script can be improved or even integrated with the OS X environment easily. If you feel like doing it, please share :)
See the Apple developer page for hdiutil for more information.